[Solved] Content Advisor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lonesome_wolf2000

I'm having a problem with IE5.5 content advisor.
Everytime you try to go to an interent site the content advisor box pops up and asks you to please modify your settings. And when you try, it says some components are missing.

I have looked at the other post by Fenris Wolf.
I have NOT tried the suggested fix however. I wanted to see if there was any new info on this topic or if my problem is the same problem.

I assume the regedit idea should work. But, im open for any other strategies. Thanks....

lonesome_wolf2000

i done a search for the ratings.pol file

I found 2 copies of the file. One is in Windows folder. The other is in the windows system folder. I'm going to rename both of them to ratings.old. And see what i get...........

......ok i tried that....

results:

As soon as i tried to open internet explorer a message came up stating: "Please check you content advisor settings for missing components." And when i connect and try to go to a website heres what i get:

i typed www.google.com
status bar: website found waiting for reply....
then internet explorer gives an error page saying Action Canceled.

I then done the registry attempt and it opened page so far it looks fixed thanks all

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online