1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Continue to download on a Part File?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DexterDave, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DexterDave

DexterDave Thread Starter

Hi All

I would love to know, how do you continue to download on a part file? Sometimes I download a file, then it gets say halfway, and my connection fails or something . Now when I go back online to finish downloading the file, it starts downloading it from scratch-How can I continue downloading on the original part file that got halfway or whatever?

Thanks

2. Firebreather

Firebreather

Do you mean interrupted downloads in Firefox? If yes, then open the downloads window. If you haven't manually deleted the link in list of downloads, it should be there. Right click it and select "Go to download page". That should give you the option to download it again. Alternately, after right click, select "Copy download link". Open a new tab or window and paste it in the address bar and hit enter.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Not all servers support resume. In many cases, you just have to start all over again.

4. DexterDave

DexterDave Thread Starter

Thanks mate. Also got another solution, did not test it though. Guy said I should the take the original file and part file, move it to another folder. Go and download the file again, once it started I should pause it, and put the original moved files back in its original place(and replace the newly created files) and start the download again from the paused position.

But your solution sounds easier. Thanks

5. Firebreather

Firebreather

I'll second that too. :) (y)
    As far as I have seen it mostly occurs in virtual file storing/sharing sites, like 4shared (I personally use it).
    Even when I'm trying to download my own files, if there's an error, the download has to be restarted from the beginning. When I try the process above, at least the link to download the file appears. For me, that's enough. :)
    So I suggested it. :)

You are welcome.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!