1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] control panel display help

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by forest321, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. forest321

forest321 Thread Starter

I have windows 98, going into the settings/control panel/display, then to settings. Where you can pick your icon size, color, etc. To make it short and sweet, I screwed up and made my icons and settings to the largest size. I went back into the settings of display but the size is so large, I cannot got down to the settings on the page to make any adjustments. I'm stuck with big evrything ! I tried, throwing the settings page upward but to no avale. I'm sure there a simple way to correct this, alittle help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Del

Del

If you can see the tabs at the top, click the Settings tab, the hit Tab key one time and the down arrow, each click will bring the resolution up a notch, try a click or two, then hit enter, you'll get the window and it will change the resolution for 15 seconds, if it's the one you want, just say ok.

3. rugrat

rugrat

Try rebooting the system and tapping f8 while it loads. You should get a screen that will allow you to boot into safe mode. Once in safe mode, go do your adjustments from there and reboot.

Let us know

4. steamwiz

steamwiz

5. forest321

forest321 Thread Starter

Hi Del, that work out for me. I really appreciate it. I also want to thank rugrat and steamwiz. Its great knowing theres someone out there to help, when I really screw up.

6. Del

Del

Hey, great.
    Glad we could help you and have a great weekend..

7. steamwiz

steamwiz

forest321

You're welcome

steam

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice