1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Control Panel view option

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by alwrmc, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    My Control Panel has for some unknown reason changed from showing the Icons and Titles in rows, left to right to a single column list. I cannot get it to view in the manner I prefer (left to right in rows). There used to be a clickable way to change it back and forth but nothing is allowing that change anymore.
    Edit addition: I also notice that in Control Panel I no longer have a "Display" icon.

2. golddust

golddust

When you open control panel, don't go to Classic View. Under Control Panel Home, you'll find 'APPEARANCE AND PERSONALIZATION' . That's the old Display section.

3. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    No that is not the one I had or want. The one I want is the view where there were several rows across the entire screen. The view is similar to the list view except that the icons are much larger with the titles underneath like the icons on the desktop.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Did the size of the box change for Control Panel?

5. Jacee

Jacee

When you go into the control panel, press the 'Alt' key....it will give you the file, edit, view, tools and help bar. Click on 'view' and see if you can change it to the way you want.

6. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    Jacee
    Not sure what I did but when I exited that screen, that did it. Back to the way I like my Control Panel to look. Thank you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/637532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice