1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Convert image to jpeg Photoshop 5.5

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by $lim, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. $lim

$lim Thread Starter

Is there an easy way to convert images to jpegs in phototshop. For exapmle, someone sent me an image copied from a webpage and saved it in a word doc. Can i easily open that image in photoshop to a jpeg.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Copy the image from the Word document and paste it into a new Photoshop file.

3. $lim

$lim Thread Starter

I did do that and when i go to save as it only has the photoshop format in the drop down box. .PSD,.PDD i think they were

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Does it give you the option to 'save a copy'?

5. $lim

$lim Thread Starter

Yes it does and that is exactly what i was looking for, than you very much; after i click on save copy and change the format to jpeg another window pops up asking about quality (default is medium) i changed it to high above high is maxium, i'm guessing that it is just better quality and a larger file. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks again.

6. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Yes and I figured that would work. I've done that many times with Photoshop.
    Also, sometimes I forget that if the image has layers and if it's not flattened, it would default to a .psd file.

If all is good now, this thread can be marked "Solved" from the Thread Tools drop down menu above.

:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/321556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice