Solved: Converting from FAT32 to NTFS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jkskinsfan

I hope that this is the right place for this. When I updated my Operating System a while back from Windows 98 SE to Windows XP Home Edition it did not convert from FAT32 to NTFS. I have a few questions about this. Can I convert to NTFS now and are there any advantages in doing so? If I can do the conversion, will I lose any of my Files or Programs? And finally, how do I go about doing it? Thanks in advance for any light that you can shed on this subject.

jkskinsfan

I can't thank you enough sy2. The information was just what I was looking for. It looks like it will tak quite a while to do everything that was suggested and I'll let you know how everything goes when I'm finished. Thanks again.

jkskinsfan

Hi again sy2. Back up and running. Everything went as smooth as silk. A million thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online