1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: 'Cookie Muncher' ????

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Money Pit, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    Does anyone have a free program that will accept cookies THEN delete them immediately?
    My cookie munching program either allows me except or reject cookies, sometimes I reject when I should have accepted then I have to find the cookie and accept it so I can access the site. I've heard of programs that appear to except the cookie, fooling the site into thinking the cookie has been accepted but in actuality it has been deleted. I hope I've explained this properly? Thanks :) Dave

2. t bone

t bone

cookie muncher

if your using firefox you can set it to delete cookies everytime you close the browser, if you wanted to go that way instead.

3. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    I'm using IE6 Thanks :)

4. hewee

hewee

I have Firefox and have my cookie settings so only the handful of sites I go to all the time can set a cookie. All others are blocked. I use two other cookie Extensions too.
    Extended Cookie Manager that is down in the bottom right so I can pick to give a site rights or just rights for the session.
    Then another I love is CookieCuller that lets you protect/unprotect selected cookies. You mark each cookie you want to keep around. I has a icon that you have get from the customize tool to add it to your toolbar to make it easy to get to or just go to tools and pick it from there. But I use it all the time because even sites I gave rights to and want to have there cookies so it remembers me I have gone tru the ones for the site that are session and when I click remove all cookies it will remove all unprotect cookies. So I don't have and session cookie tracking me because I can clear then really easy.
    Here is another site on it too http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/

Took some doing at first but now I have it so I only have 14 sites out of all the sites I go to that can set a cookie that stays on my PC and then I have many others that can only set a seesion cookie. Then on sites I have to login but don't go there much I just have it remember me tru the password manager and then I can get into the site easy but when done I can clear the cookies up easy.

5. golferbob

golferbob

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

One of the few uses I put CCleaner to is cleaning out the extra cookies. :) I configure it to keep the cookies of sites I want, and I just periodically clean out all the ones not on the list.

7. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    This is the one I have. I know I'm a dummy cuz I paid for it but it's served me well over the years and I've got my money's worth. :)

http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html
    I was talking to a friend and that in itself was probably my downfall but he was saying he has a cookie muncher program that was part of a larger program that I'd NEVER use because I don't have his 'nerve'. Anyway he says this program appears to accept cookies so that fools the web site but the cookies are immediately deleted. I suppose there's a way of saving needed cookies? Maybe I should just give up on the cookie idea and concentrate on cleaning up my registry which scares me to death LOL Thanks Dave :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice