1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cookies Disappear at Restart

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jimmy A, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimmy A

Jimmy A Thread Starter

My CCleaner keeps the cookies that I ask it to save. But when I restart my PC all cookies disappear.

How can I stop this from happening?

Thank you.

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Does this happen if CCleaner isn't set to clean when you shut down?

3. Jimmy A

Jimmy A Thread Starter

CCleaner has all automatic cleaning turned off.

It doesn't do this every time. It does it some of the time.

I just did a cleaning and CCleaner saved the cookies I chose and then I did a Restart and the saved cookies were still there. So maybe this is OK now. If it does bad again I will report back to this Posting place, and if it stays working well I will try to remember to mark it solved.

Thank you for responding.

4. Jimmy A

Jimmy A Thread Starter

Had my PC all th way OFF over night. Booted up this AM and all cookies were gone.

I sure would appreciate any help in stopping this unauthorized deletion of cookies I want to keep.

I even tried copying these cookies to a folder in My Documents as a back up. But that didn't seem to work as they looked totally different in that location. Cookies are funny things.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What browser are you using?

In Internet Explorer, make sure you haven't set your browser to automatically delete cookies on exit.

6. Jimmy A

Jimmy A Thread Starter

Using IE8.

What I've just learned however is how to back up my "cookies to keep" by using the import -- export feature on the "file" menu of IE8. I can save them to any folder and retrieve them if needed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice