Solved: Cookies Disappear at Restart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jimmy A

My CCleaner keeps the cookies that I ask it to save. But when I restart my PC all cookies disappear.

How can I stop this from happening?

Thank you.

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
Does this happen if CCleaner isn't set to clean when you shut down?

Jimmy A

CCleaner has all automatic cleaning turned off.

It doesn't do this every time. It does it some of the time.

I just did a cleaning and CCleaner saved the cookies I chose and then I did a Restart and the saved cookies were still there. So maybe this is OK now. If it does bad again I will report back to this Posting place, and if it stays working well I will try to remember to mark it solved.

Thank you for responding.

Jimmy A

Had my PC all th way OFF over night. Booted up this AM and all cookies were gone.

I sure would appreciate any help in stopping this unauthorized deletion of cookies I want to keep.

I even tried copying these cookies to a folder in My Documents as a back up. But that didn't seem to work as they looked totally different in that location. Cookies are funny things.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
What browser are you using?

In Internet Explorer, make sure you haven't set your browser to automatically delete cookies on exit.

Jimmy A

Using IE8.

What I've just learned however is how to back up my "cookies to keep" by using the import -- export feature on the "file" menu of IE8. I can save them to any folder and retrieve them if needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online