[Solved] Cookies rejected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rkselby98

What am I over looking. On Yahoo when I log in and put a tick in the box to save the password I get the message cookies rejected on this computer.

I can log in as long as I don't try to save the password.

I checked and rechecked the security setting and the all cookies are enabled but I keep getting this message, what am I over looking.

Merry Christmas to all,

I don't use cookies for auto start myself
but could this be your antivirus setting
or do you have one of those cookie
programs loaded?

rkselby98

No not the antivirus program and don't use any cookie programs. It is the standard IE 5.5.

rkselby98

davey,

Don't bother to bookmark it, it didn't work. Thanks for the try though.

rkselby98

Yes I have, I have deleted the cookie folder as davey suggested and deleted all cookies and still the same. I have 2 machines and the cookies work on the other machine so it has to be something on this machine I am over looking.

Must be a setting somewhere that I see and it is not registering right and I have it set wrong. Just can't figure out which one it is.

Have a look at the date on your machine. Sometimes the year is set incorrrectly. Cookies will not be accepted if the date is set too far in the future.

rkselby98

Davey,

I have spider and ran it, deleted all cookies, history and everything else it searched for and still no difference.

rkselby98

Yes tried detect and repair and also something else I took notice of. On a site if I put a tic in a box it just acts like I didn't put the tic in the box.

I filed out a reg. form for Norton and said no emails, well got an email right away and have been getting them. Doing this on other sites as well.

rkselby98

I checked the date and I am off by a year or more. Problem is I don't have anywhere to change the year on the time/date clock.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online