1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cooling for XFX 8800 GTX XXX help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by belveder, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

It's just hit spring here and the temperature is in it's mid 20's C in my little computer room, according to Everest Ultimate Edition my GPU temperature at idle is 69C / GPU Diode 74C / GPU Memory 69C

So, I need to put some kind of cooling on it and I really need some help with what to get. I already am running Thermaltake Bigwater 745 on my CPU so watercooling is an option.

I have read the Thermalrite HR-03 Plus is good but would like some other options please.

My case is an Armor+ so I have plenty of room to move etc

Any help gratefully appreciated

2. dannyn

dannyn

Do you want....Water or Air?
    Nice signature by the way...hehe

3. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, I'm not worried which one I get as long as it definitely works lol. If water then it would have to be compatible with my current setup

I guess in the end I am leaning towards air out of laziness, setting up water will be a job lol

4. dannyn

dannyn

That it will. Haha.
    Butttttt.... The water systems do preform!
    If you got one, you could do a 2 for 1 special, for lack of better words.
    Use all of the hoses, radiator, fans, pump that are going to the gpu on the cpu.
    You just need an extra water block. Which most systems come with the cpu, so you would need to gpu block.
    And hey, water cooling systems are wicked looking, especially if you get uv dye for the water and uv lights!!

5. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

lol, very true, I just hate doing it

6. dannyn

dannyn

Oh come on. :)
    You know you want to.

7. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

Either way could someone please recommend something that is compatible with my card (as there aren't many from what I can gather)

If there is only 5C between the difference of air or watercooling I'll got air, but if it is dramatic then I'll go water

8. dannyn

dannyn

9. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

That one looks pretty interesting dannyn, now I have 2 to choose from, has anyone used either

10. br1ng3r

br1ng3r

If its any use i have a exhaust/blower that i have set up directly below my GPU. (it sits over an empty pci slot and vents hot air directly out the back of the case). Using it i noticed a good 9-10 degree drop in GPU temp, plus a few degrees extra from the overall system!

11. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

How about the Thermaltake DuOrb and the Thermaltake TMG SLI Dual Slot Fan?

I reckon going by the reviews that it should work

12. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

Thanks for all the advice, just ordered a Thermaltake DuOrb and the Thermaltake TMG SL1 Dual Slot Fan, not disputing anything said here, but summer here gets to 40C so I figured I'd better be safe than sorry

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice