1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Copied query not working in Access

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Erm, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have a really bizarre problem...I am hoping it is something daft, but can't fathom it!?

I have an Access 2003 database that has been created and maintained by people with limited knowledge and understanding of Access. It is really scruffy and I am trying to tidy it up a bit.

There are several queries that have been changed but kept the old name (which no longer makes sense). I have copied one of these and renamed it (not changing anything in the query), but it comes up with an Enter Parameter error naming the old query...I have attached a stripped down version. I hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP

ERM, very strange indeed, I can't see why it does it, but to overcome it just re-establish te Branch and Name fields.

3. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

I thought it was odd! I have also just noticed the ordering is different despite it being told to order by the same field but re-establishing those fields worked too!! Very odd...thanks OBP!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice