1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Coping with excema

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by dotty999, Aug 4, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    I wasnt sure where to post this.. however Ive recently been diagnosed with a bad case of excema, Ive never encountered it before and was hoping someone could give me their ideas on how to relieve the symptoms. Ive tried the internet obviously but they jus wanna sell their miracle cures!(n) Ive seen the doc who has given me Betnovate cream but I still feel pretty miserable with the symptoms:( hope you can help moi :)

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

See if your doctor would write a script for Clobex (clobetasol propionate) topical lotion 0.05% for the next year - use daily. If you're waiting to see him you might try Aveeno over counter anti-itch cream.

3. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    are these available in the UK?

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Not sure?:confused: Call the pharmacy and check it out.

5. Shamou

Shamou

...if you have not done so... you may want to check this site in order to know a little more about what you are up against... good luck...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excema

6. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Ray: You know what's funny...your link has eczema spelled wrong...but the article has it spelled correctly! ;)

7. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    (n)
    many thanks.. it was an eye opener to me and very helpful even though Im feelin quite sorry for myself jus now:( shamou(y)

8. Shamou

Shamou

...that's 'cause I'm full of wonder... and probably wonderfully full of it... :p :D

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

No you're not!!! Yer one of the "Good Guys"!:D

10. Shamou

Shamou

...hope things work out for you... and best if luck... :)

11. Shamou

Shamou

...thank you Doc... should I mail you a check or do you take PayPal...???:p :D

12. angelize56

Dotty: Be thankful it isn't somethnig much worse like psoriasis! I suffered with that for years! Not only was it a nuisance...it was cosmetically a nightmare! I had it on my arms, legs, back, stomach, chest, legs...hard to hide! :( It is under control for now...but it could rear it's ugly face at any time! I went from Dr. to Dr. seeking the right treatment...spread coal tar on my body...which will probably contribute to cancer somewhere along the line...I used anthralin on my arms...I wasn't a nurse yet so didn't know not to let it get on unaffected areas...it burned the good skin...the Dr. nor pharmacist told me that! :mad: Even used to put dandruff shampoo on it...and once a Dr. tried to treat it with an 8 week course of penicillin! Right after that I developed an alergy to penicillin! ;) I used to have to wear long sleeves and pants and suffer all summer long! My Dad had psoriasis from head to toe for almost his entire life! His was much worse...it was on his face and neck where he couldn't hide it well...people would stare and shy away from him! :( The only thing that ever completely cleared it up was towards the end of his life...strangest thing...he had congestive heart failure and they gave him a powerful med to treat that...it cleared up the psoriasis...but he died soon afterwards! :( So unfair!! But he learned to cope with the disease...you're lucky in a sense that there are many good treatments out there for eczema! There is always someone worse out there than you...litle consolation I know...and I wish you the best finding the treatment that will be right for you! Clobetasol is what works the best at keeping my psoriasis in check...and eating right! :) Being in the sun is supposed to help...but I'm allergic to the sun and get sun poisoning! Lucky me! ;)

13. angelize56

I can vouch for that! :p :D :D

14. angelize56

Wow..we got Doc...Doc...Nurse here all at the same time...has the makings of a nursery rhyme! ;) :D

15. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    thanks shamou youve always bin helpful to me... kissy kissy:D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice