1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Copy a DVD to send to a friend?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by user21, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. user21

user21 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a home made dvd that my friend gave me and I want to make a copy of it and send it to another friend of mine electronically. How can I do this?
    I currently have DVD Decrypter and ConvertXtoDVD installed.
    I used DVD Decrypter to made a copy of the dvd on my hard drive, and I want to somehow be able to "zip it" or convert it into a format that I could use to send to my friend and so he'll be able to burn it onto a DVD, (by the way, can you please tell me what program he should use for this?)

Notes- This is not an illegal dvd copy, it's a home video that I'm ending to my relatives. =]
    Any help, would be greatly appreciated, I'm still learning so a BIG THANK YOU to anyone that takes the time to help me out. =]

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

3. user21

user21 Thread Starter

Great!
    Thank you!

4. user21

user21 Thread Starter

Hmm... when I do make an image of the file, I get the ISO file (1.44gb) and a MDS file (5K).
    I can't place them into a zipped folder.
    How can I "zip" them so I can transfer them through email?
    And if I used Nero to burn the ISO to a DVD, would have have to burn the MDS file as well??

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Well you didn't need another program. With DVDDecryter you could have used your original DVD and set Decrypter to 'ISO-> Read R' and it would create an ISO and MDS file.

You don't really need the MDS file in your case, you can ignore it.

Make a new folder 'MY_DVD' (call it anything you want). Put both files in that folder then zip it.

Why not just use DVDDecrypter? Set it to 'ISO-> Write W'. You can then use either the ISO or the MDS file.

6. user21

user21 Thread Starter

Ok, that explains a lot!
    Thank you very much!

7. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

For a file that size,you might just want to send a DVD.
    Sending a large file over email could lock up their email for hours
    or even days if they are on dialup.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice