1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Copy data from one partition to another

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by websolpro, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. websolpro

websolpro Thread Starter

Hi,

I was using 250 GB hard disk. Now attached 800GB New hard disk. Both hard disks are showing perfectly. Now i want to copy all data from old hard disk to new hard disk.

For example my "OLD D drive was 50 GB" and "New D Drive is 100 GB" So i want to copy all the data from old d drive to new one. I tried to use "Disk Clone" software. but it was saying partition should be equal. And than i tried "Backup software" so it made whole D drive back with the file name "backup.PBD" .

I can go to old D drive and select all , than copy all the data. And than open new hard disk partition D drive and paste. but it is taking too much time, and not sure it will copy all the data. Or it will give error after few hours. So i want to use software for it.

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Farrukh Hussain
    Http://www.websolpro.com

2. olryst

olryst

Hi, have you tried the program super copier.

Its still copy and paste but its better and has more functions then the regular windows copier.

3. websolpro

websolpro Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice