1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Copying dates in Word forms

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kestrelsummer, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kestrelsummer

kestrelsummer Thread Starter

I have a Word 2003 form in which there are currency fields and date fields for the user to fill in. That's all fine, I can format the fields and calculate with the currency field to create properly formated currency fields that I generate.

On the last page I want to copy some of these fields. Currency ones are fine. What I can't do is copy a date field. I set the text field type to "calculation", and the expression to "=arrival" (the field I am trying to copy from is called "arrival"). Now I can't get the format right. If leave the number format field blank, I get a number that isn't anything sensible, and if I copy the date format from the original field into the new one I get nothing at all (it's offering me a number format, not a date format, so I suppose that's not surprising.)

This surely should be easy. What am I missing?

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum.

Can you post your template by going to the Advanced view when posting and using "manage attachments" to post a copy of your template? You will have to zip up the template before posting it as an attachment.

3. kestrelsummer

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  5. kestrelsummer

Brilliant! Of course! Thank you.

6. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Can you please mark your thread as solved via the "thread tools" drop-down list at the top of the post?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice