1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: copying property plans into email boxes.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Shortcutter, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shortcutter

Shortcutter Thread Starter

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and Microsoft Office 2010 so I cannot copy and paste documents with grid lines into emails. I am trying to copy a simple plan of a property into the email response box of a web based supplier of door bells etc. I tried substituting text boxes for the lines with vertical text inside but can`t copy and paste those either. In desperation (because this is likely to be necessary again) I am trying to substitute vertical rows of xxxxs for the lines. And am now having trouble changing text easily from vertical to horizontal rows.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Use the ATTACH to attach the plans rather than trying to embed them, and refer to it in your email.

3. Shortcutter

Thanks. I will have to send an ordinary email and have written to the firm concerned asking them to give me an email address. I can`t do anything except copy and paste text into their standard reply box asking for more info. And a heap of brochures is no use to me.

I am sure this problem will come up again and am very grateful for your advice.

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

They don't deserve the business if they restrict requests in that way???

5. Shortcutter

copying property plans into email boxes.

Yes but they do seem to supply what I am looking for - door bell systems. I am more irritated by Windows 7 limiting what I can do. Thanks again for your reply though. It will come in useful.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1103842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice