1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Copying Text from Illustrator to Word

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Decetch, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Decetch

Decetch Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I've opened a .pdf document in Illustrator with the idea of copying text from the .pdf to a Word document.

Below is what was copied:

In this section we point out the critical features and funamental issues of how the delivery skill movement is performed, what stage and processes underlie the production of delivery skill movement and the nature of diffferences between experts and novices.

This was how it copied to Word when I pasted it:

movement and the nature of differences between experts and novices. In what stage and processes underlie the production of delivery skill fundamental issues of how the delivery skill movement is performed, In this section we point out the critical features and Learning:

Could someone please give me some advice on how to correct this.

Thanks.

John

2. Hughv

Hughv

Can you upload the pdf?
    Is it arranged in columns?

3. Decetch

Decetch Thread Starter

Hi HughV,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm a bit late getting back to you. The .pdf file is a bit too big to post here however, while I was figuring out how I could send you a page of it I worked out how to achieve what I wanted. I'd originally opened the .pdf file in Illustrator with the view of editing the parts that I required then copying and pasting those parts into MS Word. I have just realized I can copy the document straight into MS Word and then edit it from there. So, problem solved. Thanks again, sorry to waste you time.

Regards,

John

4. Hughv

Hughv

No problem, that's how we learn. I'm still curious if you were trying to copy a column.

5. Decetch

Decetch Thread Starter

Hi Hughv,

No, it wasn't columns, just straight pages of text.

John

6. Hughv

Hughv

Thanks. That's very curious.
    You (and only you) can mark this "Solved" using the thread tools.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice