1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Core Two Overheat?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomabounader, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomabounader

tomabounader Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to a p5W-dh deluxe and a e6600 (o/c'd 10%) everything has been running fine but i just checked the temperatures after the computer being on for about 9hours and the readings I am getting are:

System: 38C
    CPU: 150C

Is that even possible? 150C is mega hot! surely the computer should have shutdown through fault?

Running 2gb ddr800 ram, x800xt, with two 80mm fans and a standard cpu heatsink/fan.

Any advice would be appreciated!

T

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I suspect the temp sensor is not working or software reporting the temperature is not reading the sensor properly. Most CPUs will shut down or die, well below 100C.

How are you monitoring the temp?

3. tomabounader

Asus Pc Probe. I turned off for half an hour and restarted and it went back down to 44C which is average I think...

I will wait and see how it goes and report back...

4. jackdw

jackdw

At 150 degrees.. Surely the motherboard would have melted + caught fire...

5. maxibhoy

maxibhoy

Asus pc prope is absolute crap. Try this http://shintai.ambition.cz/files/tat.exe Its the only decent one that can be relied on as well as core temp. You could get this easily by googling core temp but intel tat is a little harder to get as it's not availible from intel themselves.

6. replay

replay

7. tomabounader

Yep had a look at pc wizard, seems to be an anomalous reading on the ASUS front. Kept it on for the same length of time today and it hasn't happened yet... so I guess that was the answer! Nice and simple thankfully!!! Cheers for the replies !

8. jackdw

jackdw

One thing you could do to make sure is poke an electronic thermometer into the heatsink fans, the things such as the sensors found on PC cases. If you poke the sensor to the bottom of the middle fins, it usually gives a reading accurate to 3 degrees C or so.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice