1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: correct memory doesn't show

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Aegis1, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aegis1

Aegis1 Thread Starter

I just added a Kingston 256MB Pc100/Pc133 SDRAM to my computer XP. I had a 128 so question why does ram not show that I have 384 of ram. It shows only 256. :confused:

2. gurutech

gurutech

I'm assuming you didn't take out the old 128 chip...

Try switching the memory around (put hte 256 in the slot the 128 is in now, and put the 128 in the "new" slot.

If that doesn't work, verify the 256 is actually 256 - I've run across mis-labelled memory before.

If it says 256 on it, then take it back to the store, it may be defective.... Kingston should have a lifetime warranty.

3. Aegis1

Aegis1 Thread Starter

thanks for the tip I try it and let you know

4. Aegis1

Aegis1 Thread Starter

I switched the cards around and still only show 256MB sticker on card states its a 256 any other way to determine which size it is??

5. Augie65

Augie65

Take the old 128MB stick out and see what shows with just the new memory in the slot.

6. Aegis1

Aegis1 Thread Starter

Problem solved the 256 was defected took back to store

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/551433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice