1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Corrupt explorer 7 files access & fixes....

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by webzter, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

Have a new PC running Vista Premium with Explorer 7 and have noticed that the browser
    frequently "HANGS" (thats Microsoft's official/technical terminology. Tried to repair with a MS browser app (see below) and it revealed corrupted Explorer files. Aparently some of the corruption was resolved, but I received the following message after the repair scan had completed indicating that not all the corrupted files could be repaired and/or accessed.......

..."Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>SFC /SCANNOW

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log......."

I tried to locate the log mentioned above but receive a "ACCESS DENIED" notice. My question is, how do I access these corrupt files and how do I repair them?

Thanks in advance-
    Webz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!