Solved: corrupted file on external hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Crackerdawg

I was installing steam games on my 1tb external hard drive, and accidentaly unplugged it, when ever i try to intall anything more i get disk write error, and formating the disk have not helped.

Crackerdawg

the disk check is working its way through the hdd, but looks like it might take a few days to complete

Triple6

Rob
You should test the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostics, it sounds as if the drive is faulty.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
It is possible that the partition tables and the file Attribute Tables were corrupted.
I would wipe the drive and re-partition it before doing a full surface scan to see if that fixes the problem.
A full scan is still needed sooner rather than later though - but overnight or the weekend will do if my suggestion works.

Crackerdawg

The disk check and repair didnt help on the problem, it found some bad sectors and such, but seems the drive is worse than before now. ill try to find some diagnostics from toshiba and try that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online