1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: could not load file

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pcuseless, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcuseless

pcuseless Thread Starter

I've run the TSG SysInfo and the following comes up:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8106 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 944453 MB, Free - 842603 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 08NT2J
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

But I get the message could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation, Version=2.03463.30896, Culture= neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0X80131040).

This message has only started coming p now everytime I turn on my laptop and I only got my laptop yesterday! Please help!

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

Hi and welcome to the TSG Forums..... :D

MOM is the Microsoft Operations Module. The only instances that I know of that generates this message is with respect to invalid Drivers for the Catalyst Software Suite or incorrect locations associated with Catalyst.

But your system specs indicate that you don't have any ATI or AMD components. The CPU is Intel as is the Graphics Card. So one would assume that there should not be any Catalyst components on your system.

One possible solution is that there are Catalyst components on your system which need to be disabled in Startup. Therefore you could try disabling any Catalyst components by going to Run > msconfig > startup.

T.

3. pcuseless

pcuseless Thread Starter

Hi thanks for your reply!

So I went on the AMD website and downloaded something called Catalyst Control Centre. Going by what you're saying, does this mean that I don't need that program anymore (even though the message has now stopped appearing when I turn my laptop on)? And once I've opened startup, what do I do to disable the components?

Thank you so much again!

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

Catalyst Control Centre is a program for AMD / ATI products. It is not meant for Intel products.

Uninstall CCC and your problem should be solved.

T.

5. pcuseless

pcuseless Thread Starter

Just did that and it sees to have done the trick, thanks for all your help!

6. Tabvla

Tabvla

Glad to be of assistance. Could you please mark this Thread as "Solved".

Thanks.

T.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice