1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Could not perform end of Disc-at-once

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lola2001, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Using Nero 6. I've had it forever and never any problems. I made 4 data DVD's yesterday using Maxell DVD+R and all was fine. Need one more to complete my backups and I've already wasted 7 DVD's trying to burn my data.

I keep getting "Could not perform end of Disc-at-once" as the reason for the failure. I've turned off multi session and also slowed down to 8x but still no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Sponsor

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Are you close to capacity? Maybe not enough room.

I don't remember if 6 had the option, but use a short lead-in or enable overburn if your drive supports it.

4. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

No it wasn't even close to capacity at all. I've tried enabling overburn anyway and it made no difference.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Maybe you need to use a different brand of media.

6. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I tried that as well with Memorex and still the same thing. I just uninstalled Nero and installed Cyberlink, the burning software that came with the LG burner and it did the same thing so I'm thinking it's my burner.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

That's possible. There may be a firmware update for it. It's worth a try to reprogram it, just to see what happens. Updates usually add functionality, too.

8. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I'll check into it and let you know. Thanks.

9. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I updated the firmware and it seems to work fine now. Thank you for your suggestion.

10. Elvandil

Elvandil

That doesn't help very often, but is an easy thing to try. Thanks for following up.

11. naten1980

naten1980

I've had the same problem i use nero 7 i don't know how to update firmware. Please help.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!