Solved: Count records from another table in my query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hollinshead

Hi there i wonder if you can help. I have a report which is based upon a query (Course Table used) that shows information on courses, like shown below. For the one you see below in red 'No of Students enrolled this is where i am hving the issue. i would like for the query to automatically count the number of students that are enrolled on that specific course. To make things a little more complex i have created status to evaluate whether the course is "Completed", "On Going", or "Completed' related to whether the Start and End date are greater less than or equal to todays date. So the count will have to involve this.

Course ID
Course Name
Start Date
End Date
Status
Number of Student Enrolled

The tables are linked together with

Student Table--------Student ID
Enrolled Details Table------------EnrollmentID,StudentID,CourseID
Course Table------------Course ID,CourseName,StartDate,EndDate

Status Field: Course Status: IIf(Now()>[Course Start Date] And Now()<[Course End Date],"Course on going",IIf(Now()<[Course End Date],"Course Not Started",IIf(Now()>[Course End Date],"Course Completed")))

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and efforts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online