Solved: Counter-Strike Freezes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nugget69

I can play any Counter-Strikes (CSS & CS 1.6). I have recently reinstalled Windows 7 and tryed playing CSS/CS 1.6 but neither have worked for me since then, they did work prior to the reinstall.
When i play CSS i can get as far as joining a server but as soon as i get to the MOTD (servers message of the day) it freezes and i have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close the programme.
And on CS 1.6 i try to join a server and it says "Establishing network connection to server" with 3 bars filled on the loading bar, then freezes and Ctrl+Alt+Delete to exit again.

Things i have tryed to see if it fixes it are;
Installing new/old graphics drivers
Reinstalling steam & CSS/CS 1.6
Running CSS/CS 1.6 as administrator
Running CSS/CS 1.6 in compatibility mode for Windows XP
Disabling FireWall/Closing my Anti-Virus during game play

Oh and to add one more thing I can play Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 just fine
Any suggetions or help is greatly appreciated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online