1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Couple of questions on Iphone 4S and Itunes

Discussion in 'Apple iPods, iPads, and iPhones' started by CCjon, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CCjon

CCjon Thread Starter

Good evening guys,

Just a couple of questions. I recently helped a colleague copied her pictures and videos straight from her iphone 4s to my PC as
    she wanted to swap her iphone for a new one. She swapped hers for a new one over the weekend and wanted me to transfer her
    files back to it's original place, but it doesn't seem possible to do so without using itunes. Is there a way to transfer files into any place inside an iphone without using itunes?

Since it's out of my knowledge to do so, I went and installed itunes and synced back all her pictures and captured videos back on her iphone. However, she found out that they can't be deleted. Is there a way to deleted synced files?

Also, the synced files appeared in a different folder. Are there any ways to specify where I want them to be copied over?

Thanks a lot, guys :)

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

No, it's not possible without iTunes. iPhones are to be used with iTunes. That's how the Apple eco-system works. Your colleague doesn't have a computer of her own? She's not syncing this iPhone with anything? If that's the case, she should be using iCloud to back up her data. Otherwise she'll lose everything if she has to wipe or replace the phone.

3. TechieNow

TechieNow

You can use iPhone Pc Suite, iPhone Explorer or imtoo iphone transfer. Hope this helps.

4. CCjon

CCjon Thread Starter

I tried those, but but like it. i-funbox seems to be the best one for mucking around with an iphone. :)

And I still can't find the desync or delete synced files. I must be getting stupid :(

Anyway, thanks for the help, guys :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061396