1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: CPU being eaten by unknown force

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by VAXinate, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VAXinate

VAXinate Thread Starter

Okay all of the suddeen my computer started slowing down periodically. My mouse cursor will hang sound will stutter, and other random things. I have noticed when these slowdowns occur the System process will take as much of 79% of CPU usage. This just started happening and i noticed this morning an occasional soft ticking sound coming from my PC. I need help!

EDIT: I have taken the following actions:
    - Adaware SE
    - Spybot 1.3
    - Windows Defrag
    - Hijack This! (log follows)

2. bobol

bobol

bump for you....did you find a fix?

3. VAXinate

VAXinate Thread Starter

actually... i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for my network card as i had narrowed the network connection down as being the culprit as everything ran fine when i disabled the card and i had somewhat suspected that it was network related... and it seems to be working okay once again. I was afraid that my card was about to die, but yeah it seems to be working. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'd like to know... so for now... we'll call this solved...

4. bobol

bobol

great (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328577

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice