1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: CPU cooler help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SloHands, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SloHands

SloHands Thread Starter

Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro to be used to cool an Intel E2180 CPU. This cooler comes with a pre-installed paste onboard.

My question here is.......... "Is this a good option or should I clean it and use a different product." :confused:

In the past the builds I have done required my adding the paste. I've not tried this pre-installed paste option until now. What I'm looking for is the most efficient cooling since I intend OCing over 3.0. At times I've had to clean and reapply paste several times to get good results. :( I'd much rather not go through that if I can avoid it. ;)

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

A great thermal paste is arctic silver and can be bought on eBay for around £3-£5.

3. BG-0

BG-0

The pre-applied solution is sufficient for most. If you wanted the best cooling, you'd better spend the extra money and effort on a bigger cooler, not the best possible thermal paste. Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer, for example, would really give some edge, a better thermal paste would decrease temps ~1-5 C.

4. SloHands

SloHands Thread Starter

Thanks Guy's. Pretty much as I suspected would be the answers I'd get. Old age has me on the lazy side of doing things, I guess. I'll go with the pre-installed paste thing just to see how it goes. I can always do a different process. Tuniq TX-2 Thermal Grease is another option I have to work with.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/832295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice