1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: CPU or motherboard fried?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cannabia, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cannabia

cannabia Thread Starter

Hi, I need some help. I recently had a problem with my motherboard. So I went and bought another one. When I connected it, the first time I started my computer, the PSU fried. Then I discovered my new mainboard was fried too. I went to buy those 2 things brand new, I connect everything, I install Windows, everything looks fine, then 3 days later, my computer freezes, I restart, and windows won't load, it restarts before loading windows.

I tried installing a new version of vista, at the very en of the installation I get this code error "No disk, 0xc0000013", I did this a couple of times.

Then I figured it must be mi hard drive, so I try the same thing on another hard drive, same thing.

I tested the RAM on another computer but it seems fine.

I don't have a spare computer to thest mi CPU. I really need to know what can the problem be. Please help, I'm desperate.Hi, I need some help. I recently had a problem with my mother board. So I went and bought another one. When I connected it, the first time I started my computer, the PSU fried. Then I discovered my new mainboard was fried too. I went to buy those 2 things brand new, I connect everything, I install Windows, everything looks fine, then 3 days later, my computer freezes, I restart, and windows won't load, it restarts before loading windows.

I tried installing a new version of vista, at the very en of the installation I get this code error "No disk, 0xc0000013", I did this a couple of times. Xp installation also fails.

Then I figured it must be mi hard drive, so I try the same thing on another hard drive, same thing.

I don't have a spare computer to thest mi CPU. I really need to know what can the problem be. Please help, I'm desperate.Hi, I need some help. I recently had a problem with my mother board. So I went and bought another one. When I connected it, the first time I started my computer, the PSU fried. Then I discovered my new mainboard was fried too. I went to buy those 2 things brand new, I connect everything, I install Windows, everything looks fine, then 3 days later, my computer freezes, I restart, and windows won't load, it restarts after loading windows.

I tried installing a new version of vista, at the very en of the installation I get this code error "No disk, 0xc0000013", I did this a couple of times.

I don't have a spare computer to thest mi CPU. I really need to know what can the problem be. Please help, I'm desperate.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you have a card reader or USB drive, or printer with a USB card reader built in connected to the computer while installing Windows? If so I'd disconnect any card reader or USB device, delete all partitions off the drive and do a new install.

3. cannabia

cannabia Thread Starter

While I was writing this question on my brother's computer, I was doing the exact thing you said about deleting partitions, Triple6... I did a clean install by formating my c: drive. Lucky enough I have two partitions, one for all my files and one for the system. XP is god to go on my computer now, so I figured I will backup all my files on D: and then delete all partitions, re-partition my HDD and install vista. Thank you very much for your help, yo sure work fast and good.

It's funny you always think about the most complicated solutions for a problem and it turns out to be a simple fix.

I got all paraoind since my first motherboard died on me, then the new one that fried amongs the PSU, then stupid Itunes 8 was giving me BSOD everytime I plugged my ipod. All that in one week...

Well, thanks for your help. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice