1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: crashes W7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rupelke, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Megabite

Megabite

I would say the CPU is already warm so any programs you run will just make it warmer. See if the heat-sink on-top of the CPU is clogged with dust. also the thermal paste may need replacing as it maybe dried out.

2. rupelke

rupelke Thread Starter

i have just it so no dust but maybe it is paste

3. Megabite

Megabite

If the fan is spinning and there is no dust in the heat sink then I would replace the thermal paste with Arctic silver.

If you have never done this before take a look on the web under videos to get an idea. it is not hard to do just take your time.

What happens is when the CPU get really warm like yours is safeguards it by slowing it down to try and keep it cooler. So it clocks your PC down to a slow speed.

4. rupelke

rupelke Thread Starter

i understand that, i will buy some paste :p is artic silver good? because i don't know if i can get it over here in belgium :p and after what time do i need to renew it ? or just wait when it all starts over again :p

5. Megabite

Megabite

You do not need to replace very often some people never have to.....you can get it online and it is high quality thermal paste. But what you buy is up to you. Let us know how you get on.

6. rupelke

rupelke Thread Starter

I think it will be from Konig. Because that they have in store for the moment

7. Megabite

Megabite

OK...try that

8. rupelke

rupelke Thread Starter

okey, thank you so much it helped! :)
    i will set this solved

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1056935