Solved: Create an Association?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dashingly

A few months ago, my computer crashed, and I sent it out to be repaired. It came back repaired after reinstalling the Windows program, if a bit disjointed (I was missing some files and such, nothing big). It worked smoothly for about two months, and I turned it on one day and tried to open a program, but this box came up and I went to the Folder Option control panel. Beyond that, I've got no idea what to do.

I can't execute or download files or programs (like Adobe Reader), and when I try pulling my pc games up, the computer will hum like it's loading, then nothing will happen. For everything else I have to do: right click -> run as -> current user / uncheck "protect my computer and adata from unauthorized program activity". Some programs will not run unless I've got that checked, and then it will only run the basics.

I was wondering if this was something simple and easily fixed, because I've put this computer in the shop and spent a couple hundred dollars on it already, and I really don't have much more money to repair this. Thanks to anyone who has any clue what I'm talking about.

dashingly, Glad that it worked & Thanks for posting back. You can mark this thread "Solved" using the button at the upper left of your first post.

Tufenuf

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online