1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Create Label Template for Addresses

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dougglos, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I am using Word 2003 in Windows 7, and want to create a label template into which I can type the different addresses. Can anyone tell me how to raise a blank template which I can save, showing the boxes into which I can simply type the various addresses and then print them on to label sheets? I have looked on several websites (Avery, etc.) but cannot find how to achieve this. Thanks for any help.

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Sorry, I don't have an answer for Word, but I used Excel for Labelling, as you can adjust the Column widths and Row heights to fit the data to the Labels and the Labels to the page.
    You can also store pages that are not printed with repeat Customer addresses.
    Or Access if you want to store your Customer details.

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
  4. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Thanks, OBP, I will look into that shortly.
    Ent - I mean a sheet with blank spaces; I looked at your suggested link, but the trouble is that I have lots of blank labels which I want to use, but they are all 7x3, i.e. 21 labels to a page and that link doesn't show that. I don't really want to throw them away and buy ones with a different layout.

5. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Hello again - I have now been able to find and download a suitable template so that I can enter my address list in the boxes and print them on my supply of 7 x 3 labels. But many thanks for your suggestions, I can now record this one as solved. Best regards.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!