1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Create PHP mail form

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by caraewilton, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caraewilton

caraewilton Thread Starter

Hi guys. I need a little help here:)

I would like to create a mail form. I think the best, would be to use php.

Here is the problem, I know absolutely nothing about PHP so I am hoping someone will help me create the script.

I have already done lots of googling, but I can't find exactly what I want with instructions I actually understand:)

Okay this is what I want:

An message form which sends the email to two email addresses.
    The following fields:
    Name (required)
    Email address (required)
    Message (required)

Some sort of method of validating the email address, ie @ is required.

Some sort of captcha to stop spam. I prefer the type that gives an easy addition calculation.

On send, the information is sent to two email addresses. Possibly to have the from be the same as the email address entered in the form.

If there is no @ in the email address or name or message has not been entered, the form is recalled with the information the person has already filled in and a message stating there is an error and requesting that the person ensure that they have filled out there name, included a message and entered a valid email address.

If all has gone well, a simple thank you message is displayed.

At a later stage I would like to add additional fields.

Thanks Cara

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Have a look at php form wizard from here, there is a free demo to try, it will give you most of what you want, you could then edit the code to give you the rest. Alternatively have a look at this

3. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

4. caraewilton

caraewilton Thread Starter

Hi guys. Thanks for the responses.
    It appears that I already have a little piece of software on my pc which does what I need. Coffee cup form builder. It does the captcha, mails to multiple addresses and a variety of other stuff. If any one is interested, here is an example of a quick form I created.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice