1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Creating a hyperlink for text/icon WITHIN an Excel cell

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Marti42, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marti42

Marti42 Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm creating a procedure using Excel. Each cell is used to list an action step and includes reference to a procedure which resides on the business's website. I want to add a hyperlink to the reference text title only.

I can only seem to create a hyperlink for the entire cell, but some of the steps refer to two separate procedures, hence I need to create the link to the text.

PS. I've used Excel, rather than Word, as I'm using formulas to then sort and filter various steps.

Many thanks in advance!

2. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

:D:D:D

Attached Files:

3. Marti42

Marti42 Thread Starter

Thanks for attachment with formulas, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. I want to create within a cell text and hyperlink, such as

Please click on the following weblink

I've tried placing in the cell "Please click on the following"&"HYPERLINK("http://www.yahoo.com","Yahoo Site"), but when I hit enter, the whole cell turns into a hyperlink and the text, once in black is now blue, underlined and can be clicked as a hyperlink. I only want the hyperlink to hyperlink.

PS. I'm begineeing to think Excel can't achieve what I want it to do

4. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

It can't be done unless you split into 2 cells.
    Further more 2 color fonts can only be achieved with text not formula.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049886