1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: creating a line in a form in word 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dthomson, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dthomson

dthomson Thread Starter

hello all

I am having trouble with something that seems like it should be so simple! I need to recreate a form for my boss that she only has in hard copy. I am using a table and removing the borders so that everything is straight in the form that people will need to fill in. I need to put a place for people to write on, like a line, and each cell will need text then a line. I tried using the underscore but it comes out looking spotty, meaning there are spaces between each underscore.

there has to be a better way of doing this? I have never recieved any formal education with regards to word 2003, so all I know I've learned by trial & error but I can't seem to figure this one out.

I can't access photobucket or anything like that, so I can't add a screenshot. Basically it needs to look like this:

Name:_____
    Date:_____
    Task:_____

^ that was done with underscores but they don't show up nicely in word 2003.

thanks for your attention, all!

Darci

2. Hate Computers

Hate Computers

Hi,

This is a simple one if you are using tables to layout your form.... just add the border to the bottom of the cell where the text will be entered.

I have attached an example of this if that helps.....

Attached Files:

3. dthomson

dthomson Thread Starter

I knew there had to be an easy way to do it.

thanks for your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065174