Solved: Creating an address book icon on tool bar in Word Perfect

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MelindaWH

I have Windows XP and do medical transcriptions in Word Perfect 9. I'm trying to create an icon on the Tool Bar in Word Perfect that will open my Corel Central Address Book and allow me to insert addresses into the letters I type. So far, I've gone to Tools, down to Settings, Customize, Edit.......then I'm lost. I don't know how to write out the path that will make the connection. Could you give me some help on this link? Many thanks!

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi MelindaWH

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

I am looking at Word Perfect 10, hopefully the steps will be similar.
The following places a Menu label named Address Book on the Menu bar (File, Edit, View, Insert, Format etc.)

Right click on the Menu bar,
Settings > Menus tab > Edit button

In the drop down window under Feature Categories: select Tools.
The Address Book should appear in the window below, click and hold on the Address Book, drag it up to the Menu bar and release it.

Or, highlight the Address Book item and click Add Menu Item.
If you end up adding more than one :p , while the Menu Editor is open, click on the extra menu items and drag them off the menu bar.

Close the Menu Editor.
Click the Address Book menu item and the Address Book should appear.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

MelindaWH

Hi, EAFiedler = Thanks SO much for your help! It worked and now I have the short cut to my address book out on the Menu Bar. This will really help streamline my work. The WordPerfect9 didn't allow the drag and drop, so I used the commands. This web site is great!

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
I don't use Word Perfect much, but if the Address Book for Word Perfect 9 behaves like mine did, I had to close the Address Book to be able to return to the document, I can see where a shortcut is definitely needed!

Thanks for posting back and letting us know what worked! (y)

You can mark your thread solved using the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.