1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Creating folders in start menu

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ROGER7721, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Good day,
    i have windows 7 home premium.
    How do i create a new folder in the "all programs" section of the start menu?
    I used to be able to create new folders on desktop, then drag and drop into all programs, but this does not work anymore. I just posted another thread regarding this problem of not being able to drag and drop files or folders from my desktop to "all programs"
    thanks for your help,
    roger

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Here is the location of the All Programs menu, You can make new folders here and put your program shortcuts in there.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

3. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

click on start > right click on all programs > click on open all users
    that will put you in the start menu folder using windows explorer
    from there you can create folders, drag and drop links, nest folders do pretty much anything you need to do to better organize the start menu

4. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Again,my friends, you have helped me rectify another issue. You people are great. right clicking on all programs is the way I go. thanks for your time and expertise. i thank you for the quick replies.
    keep up the good work,
    grateful,
    Roger

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!