1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Creating fonts in Photoshop or any other image editing software

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by absolutezero1287, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. absolutezero1287

absolutezero1287 Thread Starter

I've heard that you can make fonts in Photoshop but I haven't been able to find any tutorials online. Is there anyone who knows how to do it? Also, I'm using paint.net as my image editor for now because my HD is packed. If anyone knows how to create fonts with Paint.net or photoshop please post.

2. lister

lister

You can make the letters individually in Photoshop, but bitmap based fonts are not used very much any more as the quality decreases if they are scaled.

Most modern fonts are vector based (TrueType, OpenType, etc.), which means they can be scaled up (and down to a certain point) without losing quality.
    For these, one would use a vector graphic application like Adobe Illustrator to create the glyphs and then export them to a font editor like FontLab or Fontographer.

3. absolutezero1287

Oh, I see. I was using some freeware font creator but it was extremely user-UN-friendly. The interface was terrible. I have Adobe Illustrator but those other two programs...how much are they?

4. smbd

smbd

5. absolutezero1287

These tutorials are great. Thanks. All those effects are really cool. I'll give it a shot.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596645