1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Creative Sound Blast Audigy Installed But No Audio Input Found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ajay1987, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajay1987

Ajay1987 Thread Starter

Hey, recently i clean off my computer and start from scratch, after few days it was time to put the audio hardware in, after a few days and nights, installing, unstalling i have the audio device installed but its sayin on the playback devices "No Playback Devices" so looking through forums, i finally manage to find that i proberly need the chipset and soundcard downloaded from the motherboard mfgr website only problem i felt lost when looking for, as i can`t really see where it could be, so if someone could help me out that be great here's the specs

Computer: Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack 3 DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c) Computer Name COMPROOM User Name HP_Owner Motherboard: CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 540J, 3200 MHz (16 x 200) Motherboard Name Asus PTGD1-LA (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN, IEEE-1394) Motherboard Chipset Intel Grantsdale i915P System Memory 512 MB BIOS Type AMI (12/14/04) Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Will i have to unstall an remove the hardware while i download these also?

Well i hope i got the right catergory for these lol

Many Thanks, Ajay (y)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So you have an HP I take it? What is the model of the HP? And you added the SoundBlaster Audigy after you bought the computer? Do you know which exact model it is, ie. SB0400, or Audigy LS, etc

Do you have any errors in Device Manager or devices without drivers?

You need to get the drivers from HP for your system and from Creative for your sound card.

HP: http://welcome.hp.com/country/ca/en/support.html

Creative: http://support.creative.com/Products/product_list.aspx?catID=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster#

Not sure what you mean if you have to remove the hardware, just download and install the drivers.

3. Ajay1987

Ajay1987 Thread Starter

than you man, i was lost on where to find the drivers downloads, but u pointed the right direction, sound is back on to my comp now

Thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice