1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: CS2 always wants me to register

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Donhisself, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Donhisself

Donhisself Thread Starter

My old computer crashed.
    I had XP pro and Photoshop CS2.
    I am an avid user in photoimaging.
    I bult a new computer and installed Windows 7.
    Installed CS2 and it worked fine, for about a week.
    Then I opened it to find it asking me to register again and all the menus had been reset to default.
    I filled in the first registration box.
    It came back saying I am now registered.
    Reset all my menus and presets, shortcuts, worked a bit then closed.
    Now everytime I open CS2 it give me the same registration box, but doesn't ask for the number.
    Menus are fine, just the registration box popps up.
    I can click on NEVER REGISTER, but it still ask me to register every time I open CS2.
    Adobe says they dont support CS2 and says it is not compatable with Win7. To buy CS5.
    Works fine for me in XP mode, just that stupid register message popping up everytime I open it.
    Thanx in advance.
    Suggestions?

2. PedroHin

PedroHin

I do not specifically know if this will help, but I have seen the following process work with other applications.

Next time you start the program, right-click on the icon, and select 'Run as Administrator'. Then you may have to go through the registration process one more time only.

3. steigerhouse

steigerhouse

I have the same problem. What has caused it is they will only allow you to register the software on one computer. You need to go th the old computer if still available and go and follow the instructions ( I think you find them in Help) to unregister and remove the software from the old computer. Then Adobe will accept your registration on your new computer.

4. steigerhouse

steigerhouse

I just checked. It is under the Help tab and is called activation transfer. My problem is I don't have access to the old computer and cannot deactivat and transfer, so I have to just close that pesky screen each time. By the way, I am runnibg CS2 on a Windows Vista 64 bit machine just fine.

5. Donhisself

Donhisself Thread Starter

Well my old computer literally blew up. (9 capacitors blew their stuffing all over) CPU was still good. Anyway The right click/run as admin worked like a dream. Thank you so much!!!

I tried the others solutions found elsewhere already, none of them worked for me.
    I tried the transfer and all, Even called ADOBE to ahve them do it, but they can't. I still have one install on a new computer left. Used up two with this install... Oh well, maybe CS5 is in my future after all.

By the way Adobe allows you to have the program installed on two computers, like your laptop and your workstation. The idea was that you can work in the office and take your work home or on the road with you. But only one can be used at a time is the trick. That came from tech support five years ago. THey may have changed the policy for the newer versions, but it held true with CS2.

Someone told me they have a portable version now that can travel and work off a flash drive? wonder if that is true?

Again Thank you all for your input and help. Hope this also helps others with similar problems.
    TECH SUPPORT GUYS ARE TOPS!

6. PedroHin

PedroHin

That's good to know. Thanks for reporting back. Don't forget to mark this subject 'solved'

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice