1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: CSID and TSID (Faxing)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CAROLINA JOE, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CAROLINA JOE

CAROLINA JOE Thread Starter

Hi Guys, Just a quick question. Now that I figured out I needed to have the phone plugged in to my computer...:eek: , Should the TSID and the CSID for home use be the same number or does it matter? and also, when do dialing rules apply? also if I'm faxing to Florida or anywhere out of state (or long distance) is this the correct dialing 1-(555)-555-5555 or 1(555)5555555 or (555)-555-5555 ? Thanks, Joe

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The rules that apply to voice dialing apply to faxing. If you have to dial 1+ a number for voice, the same is true for a fax.

3. CAROLINA JOE

Thank You, How about the TSID and CSID set up. Should the info there for home use be the same in both. Thanks, Joe

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I have no idea what CSIDs and TSIDs are when it comes to faxing. Are you having problems sending and receiving? Did you read about these terms in the manual?

5. CAROLINA JOE

Thank You. No, I can send and receive. If you go into Fax Console>tools>Fax printer config.>device tab>properties, it shows CSID for recieving and TSID for sending. I think they should be the same. Its with a intel 537 EP V9x DF PCI modem. I don't think it's anything important but just wanted to check. I read somewhere that in some cases TSID is required. Thanks, Joe

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/607033