Solved: CSS for Printing?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

colinsp

Colin
I have a web page that some of my users have started to print out. I would therefore like to have a dedicated css for this and some easy way for them to click a button to print the page.

I have done a quick google search on how to do this and nothing I have found so far makes it that clear.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or a decent site where this is explained please?

colinsp

Colin
Thanks for that link. It is excellent. I have created the new sheet and it is fine.

Good to see someone actually using the CSS print option, rather then the click for printer friendly option, that you see a lot.

colinsp

Colin
Thanks for the kind words. Now I understand it, I can't see why anyone would do it any other way, all it needs is a cut down CSS script. That supposes, of course, that the site uses CSS in the first place.

Thank you for this thread. Fantastic solution to the issues I was experiencing regarding printing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online