1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Ctrl Alt Delete not showing processes or Close "X"

Discussion in 'General Security' started by BlackAngusYoung, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlackAngusYoung

BlackAngusYoung Thread Starter

When I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete I get what looks like the normal window except without the menus at the top (File, Shut Down, or whatever) and the bar that says Task Manager with the red closing "x" at the right corner. It lists the tasks and their status as well as the three buttons at the bottom (end, switch and new) but not the processes tab. Anyone know why this is? Thanks.

2. stantley

stantley

Double-click on the side of the window and task manager will go back to the normal view.

3. BlackAngusYoung

BlackAngusYoung Thread Starter

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I'm far enough from being a complete newbie that I have no excuse for having to ask that. lol.
    Thanks so much!

4. stantley

stantley

You're welcome. This is a pretty common question that is asked and Windows doesn't even have the answer in the Task Manager help file, so it's not easy to find.

You can go to Thread Tools and mark this thread solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/658529