1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: D Link DI-524 stops working after an hour.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pickelsaretasty, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pickelsaretasty

pickelsaretasty Thread Starter

I have a D Link model Dl-524. Every time I plug it in, it stops working after an hour and all the lights go from blinking to all turning on and no longer blinking. I think it might be a problem with overheating so I stuck a fan (I modded an external fan coming out of my computer and opened up the D link case and stuck the fan on the board inside so its supported and cools the d link board off.) on it and it seemed to last about 20 to 30 minutes longer than normal. I thought another issue might be that it runs on 2.4 Ghz and all the phones in our house ran on 2.4Ghz as well, so I replaced all our phones with a higher frequency thats no longer 2.4 Ghz. However the problem still persists. Does anyone know what the problem with this may be and if there's a simple way to fix it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

2. jackdw

jackdw

How old is it?

3. pickelsaretasty

I bought it brand new a year ago. Its had the problem since I first had it.

4. jackdw

jackdw

It's obviously a manufacturing problem. your better off trying to return it.

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I had a DLink DI-784 router that did the same thing (quit working with all LEDs turned on). The problem was caused by overheating. I managed to make it work for several months by removing the case top cover and standing it on end. I have since replaced it.

DLink tech support was very helpful. They said I could RMA it if it locked up more than once per day. :confused:

6. pickelsaretasty

okay thanks for the help everyone.

I just bought a Linksys the one that has speedbooster, so hopefully it will hold out much better. I'm looking for a router that will pretty much always be on and be able to run it all the time without having it reset every couple of hours.

7. Cluele$$

Cluele$$

I have a simalar problem but with a Mecer Adsl 4 Port Router

8. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

The D-Link links on Mecer's website leads me to believe it is probably a D-Link router, or is D-Link inside. Try standing it on end to see if it runs cooler.

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Cluele$$, you already have a thread going on this issue, don't post in other threads for the same issue.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice