Solved: D945GCCRG1 and E4700 processor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FerrariMaserati1

Ok so to begin I'm 20 with not alot of money in my pocket I have a 4yr Old Computer I bought from Frys it is a Gateway GT5464 I wanted to upgrade the processor on the board but thing is that its an OEM board there was a guy on this forum 2 that wanted to do the same (http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/725714-cpu-bios-upgrade.html ) i have flashed the bios with the latest retail bios does that mean i can go ahead and drop in the e4700 processor? PS i know the Core 2 Duo E4700 is discontinued but i know where to get one I just need a bit of guidance from people that know more than myself thanks in advance any help is greatly appreciated i don't wanna buy it and then have it not work.
Mobo is Intel D945GCCRG1

On an OEM board only the OEM who had the board built can tell you positively what processors are supported by the board.

FerrariMaserati1

well i got the processor everything works fine with bios revision 60 for the retail board on the gateway board even though it worked for me it might not work for others i took a chance and was successful

Christopher Columbus took a chance and he was also successful. Glad it worked for you. (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online