Solved: damaged file?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smash

Banned
i looked into my downloaded program files and noticed a damaged active x program called {00000075-9980-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
what is it do i need it can i fix it? thanks for all your help:)

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi smash

Right click on the File and select update that should allow that file to be updated with a new download.

Let us know what happens.

smash

Banned
do i need it, i cant find any info at microsoft, or can it be fixed?

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
voxacm.cab is directly related to Voxware Metasound - an audio codec.
Have you been experiencing any sound issues?

smash

Banned
everything seems to work i just dont know why its damaged and what effect it could have is there anyway to fix it?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Cheeseball81
when you click the link does anything happen?
I get the page cannot be found, which is perhaps why the file could not be updated. :confused:

smash

Banned
okay i guess not:) anyway i deleted it and everything works so i guess i don't need it?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
That is what I would have done since the file is damaged, and cannot be updated, it is sitting there doing nothing for you. (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts