1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Dark Line through my Scan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Piringa, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Piringa

Piringa Thread Starter

Well I bought this scanner by 3d pro at a computer fair. It was 40 bones. Well anyway it has been working fine for about a year and a half just perfect untill a couple of months ago when I scanned something and I got a dark line right down the side of my document. here is a link I have no Idea why this happened.

I doubt it is a software issue I know that Im probably gonna have to replace it but I want to find out what happened. Thanks in advace everyone.

here is the link. If it doesnt work if you just click on it. Paste it in a browser

http://www.geocities.com/piringa_2000/messed.JPG

2. BTS '76

BTS '76

you may have a scratch on the scanning glass, especially if it happens in the same place everytime. If so, you'll probally have to replace it.

3. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
    Piringa,
    Could also be nothing but a piece of dust that has somehow gotten inside the scanner. Happened to mine. The tech person had me gently turn it sideways, and tap it a couple of times. It worked and the scanner is still working. No wonder I don't get any new electronics...I just fix the old ones. Gotta quit that!!!
    JustMe2

4. Piringa

Piringa Thread Starter

haha alright thanx guys

5. Piringa

Piringa Thread Starter

Alright guys I fixed it. It was probably roach droppings cuzz all the mirrors and the lense were clean. It was the actual digital camera thingie. Can't expleain it but it was not the lense or any of the mirrors it was the last thing that observes the image. Where it gets transfered to digital.

Ayway its fixed so its all good n gravy.

thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice