1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: darting cursor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by randyrayd, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. randyrayd

randyrayd Thread Starter

New computer and mouse. PS/2 Compaq wired optical mouse, Win 2000.

My mouse sometimes takes off like a fly to the edge of my desktop. This occurs not only when starting new application or opening new windows, but sometimes when I am just viewing the screen.

Any ideas? And thanks in advance.

Randall

2. Cadet

Cadet

seen as it is an optical mouse you have to be careful what surface you are using the mouse on, try not to use the mouse on shiny surfaces or on some patterned surfaces.

Cadet

3. randyrayd

randyrayd Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm using it on a wood-grain desk. I'll try it on a blank piece of paper just to see if that's it.

Randall

4. Cadet

Cadet

hmm wouldnt have thought a wood grain desk would cause it ( i use mine on a similar style of desk ) , but its worth a try. post back either way :)

5. randyrayd

randyrayd Thread Starter

Thanks, cadet. A blank piece of paper under the mouse seems to have done the trick. My mouse is behaving.

Randall

6. otoe1

otoe1

Wouldn't hurt to turn it over and blow the dust or lint out of the optical hole.

7. randyrayd

randyrayd Thread Starter

otoe, maybe it's the dust on my desk???? I'll try that then remove the paper and see what happens. It's a new mouse, but who knows, maybe there was dust in the factory.

Randall

8. Cadet

Cadet

Good to here its working though Randyrayd

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326315