Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Data Recovery from Corrupt Hard Disk

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Andox 
#1 ·
Hi all.. :)

I have a hard disk that is actually a laptop internal hard disk. Few days back i dropped my laptop from the roof and broke it. There was nothing that could be recovered from it but this hard disk. So i decided to put this hard disk in a hard disk case and use it as an external, for backup purposes. It was working fine and all my data that used to be in my laptop was still present.:up:

A couple of days back my windows (on my desktop) got corrupt so i thought to first backup all my data to this laptop hard disk and then reinstall windows. For that i used ubuntu 11.10 live cd. I copied all the data and then reinstalled windows. But when i connected this disk to my computer and clicked on the partitions of this disk, an error came up "The path you specified is not present". I guess that the disk is corrupted though my data is still there on the disk.
Can come one please help me to recover the data.:)

Thanks in advance....

PS: Please excuse my english i'am not a native english speaker...

#3 ·
My system is unable to read the disk. When I try to enter into a partition it says that the specified path is not available and i will only be able to use the disk after i format it completely.
So if i download Windows Data Recovery (for eg. Steller) will it be able to enter into the partitions and search for the files present their??
Well thanks for your reply... :)

#12 ·
Alright guys... thanks for all your input's and efforts in helping me out... I've gained some valuable information from this topic and i believe that i'l be able to recover my data now...
So I'm marking this thread as solved..

Once again... Thanks everyone.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.