Solved: Data Removal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lockeyp

Ean
I have been asked to ERASE / REMOVE some vitally important data from the works hard drives. what would be the best program for me to buy, so that all of the data has been removed permanently.

Lockeyp

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Do you wish to wipe the whole hard drive? If so, the best tool would be DBAN. It will erase everything.

Lockeyp

Ean
Phantom010. After downloading it on to a cd to transport it to the computers that need to be deleted how do i get it to start, would it be as simple as a double click to start the program. PLEASE Advise, as this would be the first time of doing this.

Lockeyp

Ean
I'll try DBAN tomorrow and will report back with the results.

Many Thanks for the advise so far.

Lockeyp

Lockeyp

Ean
Phantom010. By using Dban would it be possible to reuse the hdd's again or does it render it unusable. please advise

Thanks

Lockeyp

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
Yes, you can reuse the hard drives. But you must recreate partitions and reinstall Windows.

Lockeyp

Ean
I went in yesterday and told the boss that I have found a program that will let me remove all the data. He said that he needed written confirmation that it has been removed and deleted so I made a suggestion to the fact that I could use it as practice then if he wants tohe could still outsource the job and pay for it, to a firm like PC World?

If anyone else knows of any more firms that would do this please let me know so that I can inform him .

Many Thanks

Lockeyp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts