1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Data Removal

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Lockeyp, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lockeyp

Lockeyp Thread Starter

I have been asked to ERASE / REMOVE some vitally important data from the works hard drives. what would be the best program for me to buy, so that all of the data has been removed permanently.

Lockeyp

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

free would be cc cleaner go to tools option adavanced change settings to gutman settings overright 35 times

http://www.piriform.com/

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Do you wish to wipe the whole hard drive? If so, the best tool would be DBAN. It will erase everything.

4. Lockeyp

Lockeyp Thread Starter

Phantom010. After downloading it on to a cd to transport it to the computers that need to be deleted how do i get it to start, would it be as simple as a double click to start the program. PLEASE Advise, as this would be the first time of doing this.

5. Phantom010

6. Lockeyp

Lockeyp Thread Starter

I'll try DBAN tomorrow and will report back with the results.

Many Thanks for the advise so far.

Lockeyp

7. Phantom010

You're welcome!

8. Lockeyp

Lockeyp Thread Starter

Phantom010. By using Dban would it be possible to reuse the hdd's again or does it render it unusable. please advise

Thanks

Lockeyp

9. Phantom010

Yes, you can reuse the hard drives. But you must recreate partitions and reinstall Windows.

10. Lockeyp

Lockeyp Thread Starter

I went in yesterday and told the boss that I have found a program that will let me remove all the data. He said that he needed written confirmation that it has been removed and deleted so I made a suggestion to the fact that I could use it as practice then if he wants tohe could still outsource the job and pay for it, to a firm like PC World?

If anyone else knows of any more firms that would do this please let me know so that I can inform him .

Many Thanks

Lockeyp

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice